Friday, April 4, 2014
Post Service
After working with Hayder for five weeks I have realized that learning and experiences were recurring themes throughout our time together. I think that he learned more things in our short time together than he did prior to us meeting him. I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him grow as an immigrant and adapt to a new country firsthand. I believe the experiences we shared together will have a positive impact on his life, and more importantly, gives him memories to remember. Experiences are what Hayder needs most of all because that is the way he can connect with others and form more of a social life. This service project was very meaningful to me because I experienced working with an immigrant and I never had done that before. Anytime you do something new, whether it is a good experience or a bad experience it will always be a learning experience which is invariably significant. This project has definitely motivated me to try new things and promote growth through learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment